2017 came and went! It sure did make for a good year; albeit, a quick one. A lot happened. Let’s take a look on back.
- I coached a handful of runners, and got them to the finish line of their goal races
- I completed the Gasparilla Distance Classic Michelob Ultra Challenge
- I competed in my first ever triathlon
- I got pneumonia
- Went to Rhode Island
- I ran my third full marathon, and got to be there every step of the way for my baby sister’s first full
- Got to spectate the Boston Marathon
- Participated in the Walk to Cure Arthritis- Tampa
- I competed in a handful of short distance triathlons
- Overcame my fear and got back on a horse, 17 years after being thrown off
- I turned 30
- Fell in love with red wine
- I signed up for Ironman Florida 70.3
- I coached myself all the way to the finish line of Ironman Augusta 70.3
- I signed up for Ironman Chattanooga 2018
- I bought a Tri bike
I appreciate all that 2017 gave to me, but I could not be more excited for what I have in store for 2018. It’s gonna take some hard work, but I’m prepared to give it my all. Some of my goals for the new year include:
- Work on doing a better job of getting in early morning workouts
- Track my daily food intake, and better understand my nutritional needs
- Meal prep weekly
- Make strength training a regular part of my training
- Bullet journal consistently
- PR my marathon
- Do 10 REAL pushups (don’t laugh!)
- BECOME AN IRONMAN!!!!
And, while I’m not making it a “goal”, I would like to do a better job about tracking (and sharing) my journey-to-Ironman.
Here’s to 2018! Let’s do this!