Good morning and happy Wednesday!
The long weekend can’t come soon enough!
But first, we must get through the work week. It’s been a great week so far, but it has been busy. Even outside of work, I have been busy. As I’m writing this post, I am planning out my marathon and strength training schedule which officially begins next week.
I’m so pumped, so what better way to celebrate than with a fun running-inspired survey (from Hungry Runner Girl).
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail? Mountain
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be? Lemon lime- which is great because that is usually what is offered. 😉
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it? Shorts! I ove new shorts.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run? Training plan. I feel lost without a set schedule.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill? Uphill first
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do? Yoga
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs? Loops
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—> A good pair of running shoes
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs? Yes. I’m okay with some (bunnies, turtles, hawks, armadillos), but not okay with others (snakes, rats).
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? Kind of.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be? Almond butter, banana rollup on a whole wheat wrap, and a GIANT class of ice water.
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often? Shorts!!! Only shorts!
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go? Mile 4 has always been my sweet spot.
14. What do you do with your key when you run? Running belt.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be? Cookies for Kids cancer 5K- it was my second 5k, and I know I could have done better.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run? Hills
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on? Wanting to beast my November marathon.
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start? Drive
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance? Annoying
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting? I make up songs, and just keep repeating my mantra: “you got this”!
Question of the day
Your turn! Answer a survey question (or two, or all).