I started Smoothie Phase Round 3 today! Whoo! For breakfast I had a delicious green but-not-so-green-because-blueberries-have-an-overpowering-color smoothie, and it was AWESOME!
To recreate, you’ll need:
- ½ cup water
- 1 banana
- ½ frozen peach
- handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 large chunk frozen pineapple
- 2 handfuls frozen baby spinach
- 1 handful frozen kale
- 1 spoonful wheat germ
- 1 scoop chia seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- handful of ice
- Blend, and enjoy (I use a NutriBullet PRO 900 and LOVE it!)
You may be wondering why my Purple cup has a “P” on it, when my name is Amanda. By day, I work as Executive Assistant to the CEO of a large 200+ employee/ 27-office company; everyone at work refers to me as “Pepper”- it’s a nickname my boss gave me when he hired me, and it caught on like wildfire. The cup was a Christmas gift a couple years ago from one of the girls I work with.
I mentioned this is Day 1 of Smoothie Phase Round 3. I go through phases! My boyfriend may call it a bad habit, but I look at it as a learning experience. I find a new “interest” and will devote myself wholeheartedly to it for …a few weeks (sometimes longer). The smoothie phase has been one of the better ones- it’s one I’ve hung onto for months at a time. I’ve decided to start-up round 3 because I realized I look and feel better when I have a minimum of 1 smoothie per day.
Some other notable phases:
- Mountain Biking- I live in Florida…enough said
- Knitting- that lasted for a few days. I got one of the steps down, and once I realized that was never going to turn into a sweater or scarf or really anything recognizable I threw in the towel.
- Loose tea- I have all the accessories one could need for brewing tea; I just need to find the desire again. J
- Juicing- similar to smoothies, but not as delicious. I bought a super nice Breville for this phase, and I do plan to start it up again sometime soon…once I find the patience to do so. No one ever tells you how much work and CLEAN-UP juicing takes. Phew!
- Running- SO not a phase, but I think my boyfriend was hoping it would turn into one when I asked him to do the marathon with me.
When I find something that I truly do love, I stick to it and put my all into it. The phases are just me testing out the water.
One last thing… We received a letter in the mail today from my baby sister who is currently in Basic Training for the Navy! So proud of her! And, check out this picture she drew of us running this weekend’s race- I am totally beating The Boy AND Mickey! Hah! Thanks Boo!
Question of the day
What’s your current phase?